Past for Guyver

Isis Mother

      Jason Yamamoto looked around. He was finally beginning to forget about the sheer number of people around him, and actually look at the sights of the city. Everything seemed way too big, but very impressive in its own fastion. Still all he wanted was to find Isis and get away from the crowds.

      Janice Kelley walked far enough behind the kid so that he would not notice her, but close enough that she could still hear what he said to the people that he stopped to talk to. It was always the same thing. Have you seen this girl? Or some other thing of the kind. Whoever this kid really was, he sure was hot up to find Isis. And that worried Kelley to no end. She could not get what the kid could be after. He did not look like a cop, way too young, or some other industrial spy. Could be an assassin hired by someone, but did they come this young? And if he was that... Why Isis? What had she ever done to anyone? She was the kindest person that Kelley had ever met. Even if she was Guyver4. Finally making her mind up about what to do, Kelley approched the kid again. "Hey? Why don't we go somewhere and chat, kid? I think I may be able to help you after all."

      Jason looked at the woman. "Are you sure that you can help me? You said that it could not be the same person. What makes you think that I have time to waist, if you can't help?"

      Kelley just looked down at the kid. Man this kid really is a prick. I wander if he is part Creator. He sure does have a 'I am better than the world' complex, doesn't he? "Look, maybe I lied. Did you think about that? Maybe it is the same girl. And maybe I just want to know what you really want out of her. But I am not saying that is the case. I may just be waisting your time. Like you said. But if you really want to find your cousin, then can you chance not taking the time? Just on the off chance that it is your cousin that I know."

      Jason nodded and indicated that he would go with her. "My name is Jason Yamamoto. And you are?"

      "The commander of a not so small army..." Kelley smiled down at him. Let him chew on that for a bit. She lead the way to a nearby pizza place, and then inside. Kelley told the girl to bring over two of her usual pizzas. Then she looked at Jason again. "You don't seemed surprised by what I said. Why not?"

      Jason looked around, and seeing that no one was close enough to hear him right now, spoke freely. "I figured you were the leader of the group of zoanoids that one lady was a part of. Doesn't surprise me that you would think of that as an army."

      "You say that so casually. I take it that you have had dealings with zoanoids?" Kelley could not believe her ears. Does this kid have a death wish or something. He has to have guessed that I am stronger than the zoanoid that he had the run in with. He just said as much. Then what is this kid's deal?

      The pizzas arrived and Kelley motioned for him to help himself, as she was taking a really big bite herself. When the pizza lady had gone again, Jason spoke between bites, pizza was a new experiance for him. "You still haven't told me your name. I will answer your questions, but only if you answer mine too."

      She smiled. "Janice Kelley. Just Kelley if you like having your head still attached to your shoulders. I don't have a temper, not much of one, but some things I don't like at all. Janice is one of those things. Got it?"

      He nodded. "Got it. Okay. Yeah, I have dealt with zoanoids. I have killed a bunch of them. Did it with my parents, just before they left. Mainly it was just practice though. We didn't kill that many. And none of the really strong ones. You are one of the strong ones, aren't you?"

      That does it. This kid has a death wish, or is just insane. I don't know if I should stick around to find out though. "Look, yeah, I am strong. So what. That don't mean a thing. Especially if you are really looking for the same Isis that I know. You tell me a bit about your cousin. Then I will tell you some about Dr. Isis. You decide if they are the same."

      Jason just looked at Kelley for a minute. Then took another bite of his pizza. He was not sure what all to tell her. "Well, she has red hair and blue eyes. She looks a bit more like her mother than she does her father. But she got the hair and eye color from her father.

      "I really don't know too much about her. Only that her mother met my uncle, and fell in love with him. He decided to marry her. A few months later, she turned up pregnant. My uncle didn't think that he could have kids. But he found out that it was his, and was a very happy guy, for another few weeks. He died, and the woman disappered. My mother and father tried to find her. They managed to locate where she had gone. But that was years after she had died giving birth to the baby. They had me by then. And did not bother to get my cousin from where she was, they never gave any reason why they didn't get her. But they did get a picture of her from the orphinage when she was sixteen. I showed it to you. And I got pictures of her father and mother for her."

      "What do you mean, he decided to marry her? Didn't he love her back?" Kelley didn't know why she had to know that. But for some reason she thought that it was important.

      "Nope. He couldn't. He was a... Well, he couldn't really love anyone. Just be loyal to her, and take care of her. But he couldn't love. Wasn't in him." Jason knew that sounded bad, but how was he supposed to explain to her that his uncle was a Creator, and that Creator's had different emotions for love.

      Kelley just looked at Jason for a long time. Then she sighed. "You don't seem anything like that. Was that just a problem with you uncle? Or did your parents have it too?"

      Why am I waisting time here? I have to find Isis. But she said that she might know her. How am I going to get her back on the subject? "Yes. They had the same thing that my uncle did. But no, I don't have that. I was adopted. My parents couldn't have kids, the way my uncle thought that he couldn't. Can you help me find my cousin, or not?"

      "Sure I can. But question is. Will I." She finished the last slice of pizza and marveled at how much he had eatten. She was a zoanoid, and knew that her body needed more food then the normal human. But what was the kid's excuse? "Look, you said that you have a picture of her parents. Let me see it. Then I will tell you if I will help you or not."

      Jason opened his duffle bag and moved some things around. He grabbed the picture of his uncle and handed it to Kelley. Kelley looked at it, and nearly fell out of the booth. She had seen pictures of Agito Makishima, what person in Cronos hadn't by now. But this man had icy blue eyes, pitch black hair with a full half of it looking like it had been dyed red. Other than that, he was a dead ringer for Agito. "You look like you have seen a ghost. Are you okay, Kelley?"

      "I... No. Just... He looks so much like Agito Makishima. Just in the face that is. If this picture had been black and white, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. What is with the half red hair? Did he dye it that way?"

      Jason smiled. "No. They had their hair that way since they were born. You should have seen my mother. Her's was part purple. My father got lucky, his was part white. They weren't very happy to find out that Isis' hair was all red. I know that much."

      Kelley handed the picture back to him and laughed. "Look. I do know your cousin. But you have to level with me. Or I won't tell you where she is. And you could get into a lot of trouble just knowing as much as you do now. Do you know what a Creator is? You know about zoanoids. Do you know about Cronos Corporation?" When he nodded to both questions, Kelley looked at him with a very serious expresion on her face. "Does Isis, and do you, know that she is half Creator? That is all I want to know."

      Jason's eyes got very big. "NO! She doesn't know. But I do. How did you know. My uncle died before his wife was even three mounths pregnant. There is no way that Isis can know. And my parents are gone now. How could you have found out? And just who is this Agito guy?"

      Kelley shrugged. No reason to keep anything from a kid that claims to have been raised by Creators. "Agito is Guyver3. And when we learned that Isis was Guyver4, we did a DNA scan of her. At Cronos, we have some of the best equipment for that. We found out that she was half Creator a little while ago. But we haven't told her. And just me and the Director know it."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Morning came, and Jason sat up in his bed. Awake all in a single second. He did not remember leaving the resturant, nor getting a room anywhere. But here he was, and his duffle bag was beside the bed. He got up and looked around. It was a motel room, like any other one. He rumaged through his duffle and pulled out some clean clothes. Then he went into the little bathroom, showered, and dressed. He then began to look around the room for some clue of how he had gotten here. He found it in the form of a note.

      Hey Kid,
      Sorry to have drugged you like that.  No, it wasn't in the food.  
But I had to talk to Isis about whether or not she wanted a cousin.  
Hope you can understand that.  But she is my only friend.  I have 
to watch out for her.  She is mixed up as it is.  You could just make 
some things worse on her.  I have rented this room for you, for a week.  
And I will leave a message for you at the desk when I have talked 
with Isis.  Again, I am actually sorry about having to do it this way.  
But it is the only thing that I could think of on such short notice.
           Kelley

      Shoot. Just when I was almost beginning to think that she was a good person. Well, just goes to show you that you can't trust a zoanoid. No matter how nice they seem to you at the time. Now what am I going to do. I will have to start my search all over again. But at least I got a nice room out of the deal. Even if that does mean that Cronos knows where I am. Let some poor zoanoids come knocking on my door. I will kill them, but do it slowly enough that they have time to tell me if the Dr. Isis that she spoke of, and my cousin are the same person. He still could not help but think that somehow Kelley might really keep her word though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Isis opened the door and saw Kelley standing on the other side of it. "You have called in sick today. And I am here to make sure that you are really sick." She looks at Isis, who is wide awake, and has a piece of toast in one hand. "Yup, you are sick as a dog. Must be that one day flu stuff that sneaks up on you, and then is just gone the next day. I guess I will have to call in sick too. I must have caught it from you. It is like that, you know." Kelley pushed Isis back into the house, and closed the door. Then pointed for her to head back into the kitchen.

      In the kitchen; Christopher, Nilla, and Micheal were laughing and eatting breakfast. Kelley was taken back for a moment by Micheal's pressence, then spoke again. "Isis. I have some really strange stuff to tell you. And I think that just about everyone here can hear it too. Unless you would like Micheal to step out of the room for a minute?"

      "If Micheal leaves the room... Then it must have something to do with Cronos business. That would mean that Nilla would have to leave. But if she can hear it too... Is there something about me, personally, that you have to say, Kelley? If there is, then Micheal is welcome to stay." Isis did look at Christopher. Why would she think that Chris could stay, and Micheal couldn't? Kelley is acting really strange. But then, Micheal is a renigade.

      "Well, yesterday, Director Johnson showed me your DNA pattern Isis. And it was different..." Kelley looked at her trying to find an easy way to tell her.

      Isis nodded. "And it was a cross in human and Creator? Is that it?" Isis finished off the toast in her hand.

      Kelley's eyes got wide. So did everyone else's. "Well, yes. I did not think you knew about it. But then last night, I ran into this kid that claimed to be your cousin. Had a picture of you, and everything. He said that, well hinted that, he had been raised by Creators, and that your father was one. He even had a picture of a guy he claimed was your father."

      Isis looked up from her meal. She blinked and looked out the window, at the back yard and the pool. "Did the guy look like Agito in the face? And have only half of his hair red, the other black? And did his eyes look like blue glass?" She spoke as if she were looking at something a lot farther away than the pool in the back yard.

      Kelley sat down. "How did you know that?"

      "I dreamed it. Last night. My father, my control metal, and me. We were having a really big fight about my having to kill you all. I didn't want to. They said it was best for all of human kind." She seemed to come to herself then, and looked over at Christopher. "I guess I should tell you. I am Guyver4. Everyone else here knows it. And Kelley. Micheal is as much a friend to me, as you are. I don't care if he isn't working in Cronos anymore. As long as he is here, he is just as off limits as Nilla is. You can tell the good Director that. If he wants to keep me at Cronos, he best remember that. Now, tell me about this cousin."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Director Johnson sighed. A sick day? Janice Kelley hadn't taken a sick day since she was eleven years old. He could not think of any reason why she would have done so now. But there it was, on his desk, the note from his secretary. 'Janice Kelley taking a sick day.' And right beside it another note, 'Isis staying home sick, will keep Christopher there too.' What was going on? Had something scared Kelley into asking Isis, rather Guyver4, for help? What could have done that? She could not have just stayed out to tell Isis about her DNA. That would not add up. Nothing added up. There was a veriable out there, and Director Johnson hated for there to be veriables. Too many unknowns makes for a weak line of defence.

      Isis' lab assistances were not as happy as they should have been to get a day off. They were all worried about just how sick Isis was. So none of them seemed to notice that Director Johnson was very angry. He had descovered that you needed no less than nineteen passwords, and a correct fingerprint to activate any of the equipment that was used it Isis' new retransformation process.

      One of the tech assistants was talking to some of the others where the Director's ears could easily pick up what was being said. "I don't get it. Doc Isis was fine yesterday. What could have happened? She went home really happy. It was her little girl's birthday. What could have happened to her? Do you think she is really sick? Or could she just be taking a day, because of her kid?"

      Another one answered the first. "No way. You know the Doc. Come hell, high water, and meteor, she would be here if it were not very important. Something really major must have happened. I just wish that we knew what it was."

      A third one piped in. "Why don't we just call her and see? I am sure that she will answer the phone. Right? Sick or not. She would answer the phone. Or maybe whoever is taking care of her, they will answer."

      The first sighed and spoke again. "Maybe. But there is just one problem. Does anyone have her phone number? I didn't think so. I guess that we will just have to wait. Wait and see what happens."

      Director Johnson walked off. He did not want to hear another concerned word about Doc Isis... Who had started calling her that anyway? And did they say it to her face? He was sure that they didn't. And actually felt sorry for anyone that tried to do so. What mainly bothered him was that Kelley wasn't there. If Isis Guyver managed to get Kelley to side with her against Cronos... Where would that leave him? Could he bring himself to harm Kelley? And if Isis Guyver did break off with Cronos, then where would that leave them? She was the only one that knew the process of the retransformation. And she was the only one that could even turn the blasted machines on. I don't like this one bit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Micheal looked over at Kelley across the table from where he sat. Isis, Christopher, and Nilla had gone to the store to buy some groceries. "You don't like me that much, do you, Assistant Director Kelley?"

      Kelley looked up from the papers that she had been going over. There was no need for her to get behind on her paper work while she was taking a day off. "Not really. You have gone against Cronos. And now I find that you are trying to turn Isis against us too. That doesn't exactly lay the foundations for a working relationship or anything. If you know what I mean."

      Micheal knew. It meant that if Isis hadn't told Kelley to back off, that the two of them would have already had a death battle by now. "I am not trying to get Isis to leave Cronos. Nor do I want her to spy on Cronos, or destroy Cronos projects. I don't really care what Cronos does. Just as long as Cronos leaves me, and Nilla, alone."

      "And Nilla? What is that child to you?" Kelley could sware that she almost saw Micheal blush before he looked away. "You are the one that Isis has watching Nilla during the day? Aren't you? You are the babysitter that she hired. Look at you. You have sunk so low as to need a job as a babysitter. Micheal, that is the true bottom of the barrel."

      "Look, it is not what I do for a living. I don't have to work, if I don't want to. I told Cronos when I left, I was retiring. And that is what I did. I watch Nilla for Isis. So what? What is it to Cronos, or you, if I want to protect the child of a friend from Cronos. You are really one to talk. You are her teacher. You care for her mind, at night, after I am gone. I care for her life, during the day, when Isis can't do it." Micheal continued to look out the window, and hope that Kelley had not seen how nervuse this talk was making him.

      Kelley cocked her head. "You have a crush on the kid don't you."

      Micheal coughed. "WHAT?! Have you lost it, Kelley? Nilla is a kid. What kind of creep would I be if I were to have a crush on a kid? And the child of my friend?" He looked away from the window as he spoke, then down at his hands when he was done. "Please don't tell Isis about it. It is not something that I entend to do anything about. Nilla is as safe with me as she would be with Isis. I won't hurt her, ever." He could hardly believe that he had told Kelley about the crush. Or that he was trusting her to keep it a secret.

      "I won't tell. It is okay. I am sorry that I was so mean before. I just wanted to know that Isis was safe. And she would be very hurt if anything happened to that kid. You have lived a long time... You probably have come to think that it is normal to fall for a kid, then wait for her to grow up. Your kind has the time to do that. I won't tell Isis, but Director Johnson will know about it. He knows everything that I do, I can't hide anything from him." Kelley smiled at Micheal. He would be good for Nilla. If they both lived long enough for her to mature.

      Before Micheal had a chance to say anything more, there was a knock at the door, and the doorbell was rang. "Impatiant person? I wander who it could be?" Micheal got up and went to the door, while Kelley went back to her paper work. Jason Yamamoto knocked again on the door that was supposed to belong to Doc Isis. Luckyly for the zoanoid that he had learned the address from, he was still very hungover from a night on the town, and had not asked why Jason wanted the address. Now he stood waitting for this Doc Isis to answer her door. He would soon know if they were the same person or not.

      Micheal opened the door and saw a young boy standing infront of him. He simply said the first thing that came to mind. "The lady of the house is out shopping, and we don't want whatever you are selling. Thank you, good-bye." Before he could shut the door though, the boy had stepped inside.

      "I am not a salesman. I am looking for a Doc Isis. Do you know her?" Is this guy someone that Isis has working for her? Didn't know that Cronos paid so well...

      Micheal gave him the once over. The youth had short brown hair, mostly green hazel eyes, and only stood five foot seven inches. Then something that Kelley had said to them earlier came back to him. "You would have to be Jason. I have heard your story, and am not impressed. Why don't you leave. To have both Cronos, and us, pulling at Isis is enough on her. She doesn't need you too."

      Kelley walked into the hallway then. "Who is it..." She cut her sentence off when she saw Jason. "Well, you again. I thought that I told you I would talk to Isis, then get back to you. Or didn't you read the note?"

      "I read it. But my parents always told me, 'never trust a zoanoid'. So I went out this morning and found some zoanoid that was very hungover. He told me what I needed to know. And here I am. I want to know if this Doc Isis, who works for Cronos, is my cousin or not. I have to know. For sure..."

      "Why don't you come into the kitchen. We can sit down and talk. While you eat some breakfast. I don't suppose that you have done that yet? Didn't think so. Come on. Isis, and the others, will be back soon. They only went to the store for some more food." Micheal led the way into the kitchen.

      Once in the kitchen, Micheal fixed Jason some eggs, grits, and bacon. "Eat it. You are going to need all the strength you can get for when you meet Isis. She has a very strong will. And something tells me that you are going to have a job ahead of you. So, Jason? Care to tell us the reason that you are looking for Isis. And don't come up with some story about her being your only relative, again, okay. I don't buy that."

      Jason nodded. Something about this guy reminded him of his parents. Maybe it was the way that he seemed to look right into him. He pointed at Kelley. "I know her. You, I don't know." He said as he started to eat, finally realizing just how hungry he was.

      "Fair enough. I am Micheal Bane. A Verbose zoanoid. And I am over one thousand years old... If you know anything about zoanoids, and Creators, you know that means that I have about as much knowlege about them as you do. Even if you were raised by a couple of them. Now you answer my questions." Micheal sat down across the counter and motioned for Kelley to do the same.

      "Okay. I guess if you are a Verbose... My parents said that your kind was about the closest they ever came to making the perfect human. I think that meant that your kind was the closest to being them." Jason grinned. "My parents were very proud of their 'child race'. That is what they called humans. Their child race. Well, before they got called back to the home world..." He swallowed a mouthful of food. "They tought me all kinds of fighting styles. Then, one year ago, they told me that they had a special birthday gift for me. They gave me the assistant unit. It is a guyver unit that is classed as an assassin unit, like the one that Isis has. But it was designed only as an assistant to her's. I am going to help her to wipe out all zoanoids, and destroy all the other units. Then we are going to go to the home world. That is why I have come to look for her."

      Kelley and Micheal looked at eachother, and then at the kid. "You mean that Isis' unit was designed to destroy all zoanoids, and all other guyvers???" They said at the same time.

      "Exactly." Jason smiled at them. "Mine was too. But only as an assistant to her unit. See, my parents were the original designers of this particular type of unit, and they were only supposed to make the one. They kind of bent the rules to make mine, so they had to give it some kind of limits. I can't just go out and wage a war on Cronos. I have to do it along side Isis. Kind of like some comic hero has a sidekick. Only I am not a weakling along for the ride, like so many sidekicks. I can kick butt with the best of them. The best being Isis of course."

      At that point Micheal did something that very few Verbose ever did. He lost his temper completly. "Do you have any idea what you are saying?! Do you? Isis works for Cronos! What do you think that she does there?! Paper work? No! She MAKES zoanoids!" He took a breath and tried to calm down, not that it helped that much. "That is what she does for a living. That is where she got the name Doc Isis from. She is not going to kill off all the zoanoids. She is FRIENDS with many of them. Like me and Kelley. Are you hearing me, boy? Look at me! Isis is friends with Guyver3 too. She is not going to want to kill him either. What are you going to do, brainwash her? She is not going to let you near her with crazy ideas like that."

      Kelley put her hand on Micheal's shoulder. "Micheal, you have to calm down. You are going to go into involentary transformation if you don't. I have never seen one of your kind do that. Do you really want to rip Isis' home apart? If you do, go right ahead and change. I am sure that she won't hurt you too badly when she comes back and sees the mess."

      Jason had finished eatting before Micheal's outburst, and was now on his feet and slowly backing away for Micheal. He had seen his father get angry once. His father had caused a sinkhole in their backyard, and in three other neighbors backyards, it had been so large. Micheal had that same look in his eyes.

      Micheal took a few more deep breaths. "You are right, Kelley. I am sorry. I did not mean to get angry. It is just that... Well, Nilla keeps saying how she will be a guyver when she grows up. I don't want to think that Isis might be inclined to kill Nilla in the future. It just doesn't seem right. Forgive me, Jason. I am sorry to have lost it like that."

      Jason looked down, expecting to see cracks in the floor where he would have just missed being swallowed up in a hole. But there was nothing. Which is a lot more than he could say for the government agent that had been at the center of the sinkhole his father had made. That man had died. But no one could ever prove that it had been his father that had killed him. How could they have. No court of law would have believed that a man was capable of making a sinkhole like that. "It is okay, Micheal. I have seen that kind of thing before. I don't intend to do anything to Isis. She will do as she will, I guess... If you will excuse me. I have to go and think about this. Tell Isis that I was here, and that I may be back, or may not. Depending on what I come up with." He then turned around and left.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      This is the end of the eighth installment of Guyver4's adventures. I hope you enjoyed meeting Jason. I would like to thank the creator of Jason at this time, and you can email him off the Other Characters' Stats page. And I still thank all of those who have emailed me in support of my fanfic, and all my friends that continue to hound me to write more. And don't forget to look forward to the eighth installment.

Written by Guyver4, Anita E. Singley

To chapter nine

Back to Guyver4 Fanfiction