The Clone of Guyver4

Kelley helps out

      The Council of 12 had a lot of things on their minds lately. With two of their members in Japan, one of them there to try and find out what the other was planning... Then to find out from Dr. Valkus that Commander Gyro was really a traitor. When they had just about figured out what they were going to do about him, Alkanphel showed up in Japan as well. One of the Zoalords, Waferdanos sighed. "Well, we all know now where Lord Alkanphel is. For the moment, that is. I don't know how long it will take him to deal with Commander Gyro, but I wouldn't bet on it taking that long."

      The other Zoalords agreed. "I believe that it would be a good idea to tell Lord Alkanphel about this new Advent now. Or would a half Human be an Advent?" Rienzi asked the others.

      One of the oldest of the Zoalords, Cablarl Khan chuckled. "Yes. I do believe that in this case we can call this Isis an Advent. Didn't you feel the reluctance in Director Johnson when he told us about her? He didn't wish to betray her. Only a true Advent could have made one of his kind feel protective."

      "But what could even Lord Alkanphel do about a true Advent? Half Human or not." One of the younger Zoalords, Fried'rich van Purg'stall asked. "It isn't like any of us, even Lord Alkanphel himself, has ever met a true Advent. They left Earth long before any of us were even born. None of the Zorlords were around back then either."

      The Council of 12, the leaders of Cronos, were all at a loss at what to do about an Advent showing up. Especially seeing as this Advent didn't seem to be making it obvious which side she was on. The Cablarl Khan spoke again. "I don't know what we could do. But I am sure that Lord Alkanphel can deal with this problem. He dealt with the Advent Guyver twenty years ago. Or didn't you know how we managed to capture the Advent Guyver? I am sure that this new Advent will be no different. Lord Alkanphel might even have an easier time of taking care of this half Human Advent."

      One of the other Zoalords, Jearvill bun Hiyern shook his head. "I know that even Lord Alkanphel didn't know if he would be able to defeat the Advent Guyver, not that he really was an Advent Guyver... That one's guyver armor was different. As most of you have known, the Advents used Guyver units as spacesuits. And they had little to no effect on an Advent host. It was only when a Human became host to a Guyver unit that the Advents learned that the units could become great weapons. But the Advent Guyver that was captured twenty years ago had a modified unit. His unit was almost as strong a weapon as a Guyver unit with a Human host."

      The Rienzi spoke up again. "I was under the impression that wasn't a true Advent. That all of the true Advents had left Earth a very long time ago. But you say that this Advent Guyver that was captured was a true Advent. Now you aren't making any since."

      The Sin Rubeo Amniculus smiled. "Ah, to be so young again. No, he was a true Advent. He didn't leave with the rest of them. It was a party of four Advents that remained here. One of them vanished, the one that was captured twenty years ago, and then the last two left Earth some months back. We aren't sure why they left, but it was known that they had raised a Human boy."

      "Well, I for one believe that we have to take care of this new Advent as quickly as possible. I don't think that any of us will be able to handle her. As you have all been informed, this new Advent is bonded to a Guyver unit that seems to be much stronger than even the Human Guyvers. Probably a unit that was developed by these last four Advents. If you want my vote on the problem. I say we let our glorious leader handle her." The Zoalord, Luggnagg de Krumeggnic straightened his suit jacket as he spoke.

      Sin Rubeo Amniculus, who had known Alkanphel for quite a while, nodded. "I second that idea. Let our leader take care of this new Advent. At least now we know where he is. His not keeping in touch with us has cost us a lot of time in this already. I am sure that Lord Alkanphel knew about this child while she was still too young to be a problem to us."

      "Then it is agreed... We will all suggest to Lord Alkanphel that he be the one to deal with this new Advent. I am sure that if he knew about her in advance, that he has some plan about what to do with her now." Cablarl Khan stated, the other Zoalords agreed.

To see what this scene would have looked like in the manga, click.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Director Johnson sat in his office and shook his head. He was tired, overly so, from all that he had been forced to do as of late. I had no idea that simply telling the 12 about Isis would be such a hardship. Why is it that I keep feeling like I have betrayed a large part of myself? A knock at the door interupted his train of thought. "Come in."

      Assistant director Kelley entered the office, and stood before him. She had a look about her that spoke to him of her own hardships. "Director, I come as you have sent for me. I take it from the look on your face that the meeting did not go as you would have had it, Sir?"

      Johnson shook his head again, and looked Kelley over more carefully. She truly did look as if she was taking the betrayal of Isis to the 12 a lot harder than he was. But then, as he knew that Kelley had developed a strong friendship to Isis, he could see why that would be so. "You are correct in assuming that things did not fall as I would have had them. The 12 know of Isis Guyver now, and I do not truly know what they are planning to do about such knowledge. But that is not why I have called you here."

      Kelley blinked. Lately, most of what she had worried over had to do with Isis, or rather, what was going to happen to her friend once she was known to be Guyver4. She had not expected the Director to come back from his meetings with anything other than that on his mind either. "Sir? If that isn't what is on your mind, then what is?"

      "It has come to my attention in the past that it is not possible for Cronos to clone an Advent. But it has also come to my attention that Isis Guyver isn't normal for an Advent. She is more a complete mixing of her two genetic types. Two types, I might add, that are so very similar as to be almost identical anyway. Cronos can clone humans. We have made good use of that fact more than once when someone that was working for us became a problem." He was sure that he had Kelley's complete attention now.

      "Sir, that is all true. But I still don't understand." That wasn't the whole truth, and they both knew it. But Kelley wanted to hear it in Johnson's own words.

      Director Johnson sat a little straighter in his chair. "We have captured Isis Guyver's young daughter. I have every intention of setting up a kind of trap for Guyver4, so that she will not expect our actions to be what they are. When we have the samples that we need, we are going to try and make a clone of Isis Guyver. This Dr. Isis will be completely loyal to Cronos, and will not have the troublesome bond to a guyver unit that Isis Guyver has. Though, we will make sure that those are the only changes from the original. In this way, even if the 12 decide to kill Isis Guyver, we will not lose one of our best scientists."

      "That is why I have called you here, Kelley. I want you to be the one to go to Isis Guyver, as soon as she returns from where ever it is that she has vanished to. You will tell her that we have her daughter, unharmed. But you will also tell her that she is to meet with a group of our scientists, and allow them to study her. In this way, she will believe that we only wish to know more about the Advent/Human mixture that she is, or think that we wish greater knowlegde of her guyver unit. She will not guess that we are using this for a cover to actually try and clone her replacement. And you are not to tell her of the cloning experiment either."

      It took a few minutes for the Director's words to really hit Kelley. "Sir? Why? Why do you need to do this? Isis hasn't really done anything to make you think that she would work against Cronos. In point of fact, she has done quite a bit to help us in our work here. Why would you feel that the 12 would find her a threat, and if they did... Wouldn't they find this clone that you wish to make just as much a threat?"

      Before Director Johnson could reply to Kelley's questions, the phone on his desk rang. "Excuse me for a moment, Kelley." When he picks up the phone, Director Johnson's mouth slowly forms a very deep frown. "Are you quite sure?" He waits for the person on the other end to speak, then sighs. "Very well. I understand. Thank you for reporting this to me so soon after the fact."

      Kelley waited while Director Johnson hung the phone up and sat looking down at it for a long time. Then, when she thought that she could not wait any longer to find out what he had found out from the operative on the phone, Director Johnson looked up at her. "Kelley, I understand how you are feeling. I really do. I was glad when Dr. Isis came here, because you took so readily to her, and she seemed to be just the friend that you needed. But now, there are other things to concider. Guyver4 was involved in the destruction of Cronos Antartic. I am afraid that we no longer have any choice. We must consider Guyver4 an enemy to Cronos, and in such, we have no other choice but to try and clone her now."

      Kelley blinked at hearing the news that her friend was involved in the destruction of a base, and then nodded. "I am afraid that you are correct. Isis has shown that she doesn't wish to be a part of Cronos. And though I still have problems with the idea of cloning her. I will do as you command, as always, Director."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Nilla sat in the small room waiting for someone to come in and do something to her, or let her go, or something. This being captured isn't much fun at all. She looked past the bars of the room and out into the room beyond. Two zoanoids sat at a small table and bantered back and forth over a deck of cards. And the view really sucks. Why don't they just turn back Human, or something? Why do they have to stay in those monsterous forms? Don't they understand that it isn't scaring me a bit...

      The zoanoid that had brought her in turned and looked at her, almost as if he had heard her thoughts, and smiled. His form slowly began to turn back into that of a seemingly normal Human man. Then he reached beside him and pulled a robe on over his now very nude body before Nilla could get a very good look at him. "I don't think that the young lady is going to be overly impressed by our zoa-forms. After all, she is Doc Isis' daughter, and she did live here at the base for a little bit. I do think that she has seen just about everything that we could show her, don't you?"

      The second zoanoid chuckled and grabed for a robe of his own, changing back to his Human form. "If you think so, you are the boss here. And I guess that you are right. So, what are the orders here? I mean, are we really supposed to make sure that no one harms her? She is a prisoner, afterall... What is the big deal about us protecting her?"

      The Company man smiled at his Cronos loyal partner, and then looked back over at Nilla. "Well, she is the daughter of Doc Isis, for one. And for two, she is also very close to Verbose Bane. Now, I don't know about you, but I for one don't want either of those two mad at me. Just think about it... Doc Isis could retransform anyone that she took a notion to, and make them into anything that she wished also. Sounds like a bad thing to be on her bad side..."

      "Well, yes. I have to agree that making Doc Isis mad at you could be a very bad thing. But why should I be afraid of Micheal Bane? Verbose aren't really all that strong. And they don't even fight... Right?" The Cronos loyal man wondered out loud.

      The Company man chuckled. "I don't think that you know very much about the Verbose type then. No, they don't fight often, but when they do, they are very strong. Stronger than even the hyper-zoanoid type Kelley. As for the reason why you should be scared of getting on Verbose Bane's bad side... Answer me this, how many other zoaoids have been allowed to retire from Cronos? I only know of the one. And that is Verbose Bane. Why would Cronos allow him to retire, if he weren't someone to fear? If he couldn't take care of himself, then they would have just killed him. Right?"

      The second zoanoids nodded, looked from Nilla back to his partner, and sighed. "I guess that would make a lot of since. It is too bad though. That kid looks like she could have been alot of fun..." He then moved away from the table and card game, and walked out of the room, looking over his shoulder as he went. "You want me to pick you up your usual lunch when I grab the food?"

      "Sure thing. Maybe you should see if you can't get something for the kid too. Afterall, if we are supposed to be taking care of her, we might as well feed her..." The Company man clenched his fists behind his back in an effort not to show his partner how much he wanted to rip his throat out for his thinking of harming the child captive. He knew how much that Nilla meant to Verbose Bane, and he wasn't about to let anything happen to her. At least, not on his watch.

      Nilla watched the second man leave, and saw the first's reactions to what the second had said. She shook her head. How is it that I keep meeting up with the strangest zoanoids? I never asked for this... Why me? She looked down at her hands, feeling sorry for herself, then looked up just in time to see the first man standing right infront of the door to her prison.

      "You look like you were thinking about something. Care to talk about it, Nilla?" His voice sounded like he really cared about what was on her mind. Almost as if he cared something about her.

      Nilla frowned. "You are a zoanoid. I don't care if you do know Micheal. You are still a zoanoid, and I still don't like, or trust, you. So, why should I tell you anything?"

      The man looked down at her, his eyes sparkling with laughter that he didn't voice. "Oh, I didn't say that you had to tell me anything, Nilla. I was only asking." He shook his head and smiled down at her. "I do hope that Guyver4 didn't find the very last guyver unit. I think that you would make a very good guyver, when you are a bit older." He then walked away, sitting back down at the table, with his back to her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Kitty Bryant and Jason Yamamoto walked into Isis' home just in time to hear a load crashing sound coming from the kitchen. They looked at eachother for a moment, and then took off to see what the noise was about. When they arrived at the door of the kitchen, they could both hear a muttered curse or three.

      Christopher stood in the center of the kitchen, pots and pans all around his feet, and continued to curse his bad cooking skills. "I don't get it... Nilla makes this all look so easy. What am I doing wrong? You would think that I had never fixed myself a meal." Which was of course true, even though the boy didn't know it.

      Jason sighed and looked around the kitchen. There were dirty pots and pans all over. He hadn't known that Isis even owned this many things to cook in. Then he looked over at Kitty. "This is Christopher. He is someone that Isis has been working on. Chris, this is Kitty Bryant..."

      Kitty looked from the boy standing in the middle of the wrecked kitchen to Jason. "I don't know if it is such a good idea for me to stay here. Afterall, I wouldn't want to do anything to make Isis chose the other side." Letting Jason know that she was aware of Christopher's being a zoanoid, and that she was incline to kill any such person whenever she came in contact with them. "And how did you know my name? I never told you what it was..."

      Jason smiled. "No, it is best that you stay here. Don't worry. Chris is harmless. As for how I knew your name, I don't know how I knew it... Maybe it was Isis that told it to me. Sometimes she picks up things from the minds of people around her, and sometimes I can hear the things that she picks up. It isn't that often though." Then he looked over at Christpher. "This place had better get alot cleaner than it is, Isis will be home soon. And she will likely go pick up Nilla before she comes back here. You don't want to think what Nilla will do to you if she sees what you have done to her kitchen."

      Christopher looked Kitty over for a moment, and then hearing Jason's words about Nilla's reaction to the mess, he starts trying to clean up. "I can just bet I do know what she would want to do to me. I would hope that Dr. Isis wouldn't let her do it, but then, I also know what Dr. Isis would think of the mess too." He addressed Kitty without stopping his cleaning efforts. "So, what brings you to Dr. Isis' home?"

      Kitty frowned, not really wanting to socialize with a zoanoid. "I have my reasons for being here. Why don't you mind your own business?"

      Jason moved to put himself between the two. "Excuse me, we are all guests here in Isis' home. I think that it would be in our best interests to all get along. At least as long as we are here. Correct?" He stayed where he was, watching Christopher clean, and Kitty glare for some time. Then, getting tired of the scene, he moved out of the kitchen. "I will be upstairs, taking a bath. When I come down, I hope that this place will be clean, and the two of you will be getting along better. Tell Isis where I am if she gets back before I am down."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      This is the end of the thirteenth installment of Guyver4's adventures. As you can see by the little thumb-pic at the top of this chapter, I finally broke down and decided to use Priss from BGC for pics of Kelley. Also, I hope that you all take time to look at the editing I managed to get done to some manga scans... I hope that they meet with your approval. And don't forget to look forward to the fourteenth installment.

Written by Guyver4, Anita E. Singley

To chapter fourteen

Back to FanFiction Library